Civil Engineering Technician
Due to strategic expansion of the business QuadConsult has an immediate vacancy in their Cardiff office for an experienced Civil Engineering Technician with an ambition to oversee the technical delivery of a portfolio of projects allocated to them. In doing so the candidate will strive to ensure the quality and accuracy of the engineering is to the highest standard. Whilst doing so they will be responsible for the quality management of designs and will work closely with experienced Civil Engineers who shall be responsible for the commercial performance of the projects.
QuadConsult is very active in the following areas –
- Commercial housing of all kinds
- Social housing
- Care homes
- Renewable energy projects – notably wind farms
- Industrial developments
- Commercial and industrial
- We aspire to grow our presence in the rail sector.
We have projects through out the UK, but the majority of work is in South Wales and the West of England.
The role requires the candidate to be empathetic and supportive of staff working with their design team and will be confident and engaging with our valued clients. The candidate will undertake technical design work and reporting themselves so they will be required to have good written and verbal communications skills. They will be highly competent in the design of drainage, highways and Civil infrastructure with the assistance and support from Senior Engineers. The candidate will be used to the various adoption procedures for highway authorities and water utilities, along with the latest SAB guidelines. It will be desirable to have a working knowledge of –
- Micro drainage
- Civil 3D
- Microsoft Office software
The successful candidate is likely to have at least five years’ industry experience and will already be used to taking design responsibility for projects. They are likely to have a civil engineering qualification but applications from candidates who have a similar level of experience and expertise are welcomed. The successful candidate will report directly to the Civil Engineering Director.
QuadConsult will continue to support the career development of the candidate including the provision of appropriate CPD, and a career path leading to a Civil Engineering and potentially Associate is available, although not an essential aspiration. A generous salary will be offered commensurate with the experience that the candidate brings to QuadConsult.
A current UK driving license is required.
Additional attributes that will be welcomed but are not essential to the role are an aptitude for client management and marketing, and the ability to speak Welsh.
We provide our staff with:
- a flexible working scheme
- modern open plan offices with free parking accessible directly off the M4 junction 32
- training and career development at all levels so staff realise their aspirations
- payment of professional membership fees
- accreditation as Institution of Civil Engineers mentor and mentoring for other professional organisations
- funding and time to attend college, and other training
- generous bonuses so staff can share in the success of our business
- a generous leave allowance
- a pension scheme that considerably exceeds the statutory employer’s obligations
- free access to a financial advisor to discuss pensions and all personal finance matters
- free travel insurance for staff and their immediate families
- free health insurance for staff and families including children up to 25 years old
- a cycle-to-work scheme
- child care vouchers
- free eye tests
- occasional staff outings paid for by the company (eg white water rafting, go-karting, paint balling), plus a Christmas meal for staff and partners
- unlimited fresh fruit, teas of all sorts, squash, coffees, fruit juices and biscuits
Applications for more Senior Civil Engineers are also welcomed in our Cardiff, Gloucester and Llandybie (near Ammanford) offices.
Please confirm your interest in this position to
Director of Civil Engineering
Greenmeadow Springs Business Park
Cardiff CF15 7NE
Tel – 02920779644
Mob – 07741 845817
e-mail – email@example.com